What if two Hominin Species met?

What if two Hominin Species met? 
  
    What the heck does a hominin zpecies look like? That was the exact question that went through my mind. I would assume that they were primates or primates who had evolved into a human like species. With that being said, how would these human like species react? Are they primate minded? Or were they the curious "caveman" who supposedly created fire? As I am asking myself these questions; I think back to my archaeology class and our discussions on Neanderthals. We briefly discussed their skeletal similarities to primates, significantly the skull.


    I am not sure of the cognitive function of Neanderthals, but I will note there are many similarities in skull structure. That brings the question, do they think like humans or primates? Like the center of the tootsie pop, the world may never know. I would like to think that they were similar to humans since they were able to adapt and eventually able to reproduce. I am sure if two hominin species met they would interact. They would interact either through conversation or maybe even confrontation. Assuming that interactions were similar to primates. Neanderthals were able to interact to eventually create families which led to civilizations or possibly our own existence. Not only were they able to adapt to survive, but they were able adapt to reproduce to continue their own species. For their species to be able to reproduce that means they were very caring for their young. The species clearly lived simple lives, but their abilities to care for one another is astonishing. The emotional and physical ability to connect is also quite interesting and similar as to humans. I will forever question the mentality of Neanderthals and physically abilities.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bipedalism

What is Human Evolution?